Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Gladiators Dust and Shadows Terrain Tuesday Arena build part two

 Gladiator Arena 

Terrain Tuesday 

Commenced work on my Gladiator arena tonight, as part of terran Tuesday builds. First I cut out a 600x 600 plywood tile, cut my supporting sides sides, then glued and stapled into place. 

My standard terrain boards are 600 x 600

I then worked out my arena size so I could duplicate it at the other end, plus a central piece can be added for chariot racing, and that way it will fit on my table neatly at one end for chariot games. 

Ruler as compass

I then drilled points into a plastic ruler, one end in screwed into a central point and the other points are worked out to make the circles which increase at 2cm steps . 


The Arena Base 40 x 45 oblong


Lower arena, sand will be used to level out the ground 

Upper arean piece, this will form the walls


I moved the edge in so I could add shops against the wall

The stairs and seating is laid out

Glueing and setting overnight on the first two levels 

I plan to add cardboard to the interior walls and steps , then the exterior walls, place rendered  decoration and possibly graffiti and some market stalls. Until next week!

cheers
Matt

5 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

A good start Matt…
It’s always interesting to see how someone else goes about a terrain piece project.

All the best. Aly

John said...

Hey Matt,
this is looking really good! Looking forward to seeing it completed. Let's face it- a gladiator game NEEDS a good Amphitheatre to look good!

Bluewillow said...

It has been in the planning for some time, hopefully it will come out how I see it in my head.

Cheers
Matt

Bluewillow said...

Cheers John. I hope to get a run on it this weekend

Cheers
Matt

James Fisher said...

That's gonna look great!
Regards, James