Friday, November 5, 2021

Colonel Ythier-Sylvain Prive, 2nd French Dragoons

 Colonel Prive 2nd Dragoons 

As always when I commence a new dragoon regiment I paint the colonel first, however this chap had to wait for a new Mount to join his regiment.  

I have painted him on a rare coloured horse called in French “isabelle” bay, the Americans and Australian a Buckskin. Not a very common colour, in Europe,  a specialty however of the Swedish kings and the Prince Conde de Bourbon in the 17th and 18th century. 

The miniature is a Elite figure which makes up 80 odd percent of my French Napoleonic collection. Hope to crack on and have this unit completed before December. 





Cheers
Matt  

2 comments:

James Fisher said...

Beautifully painted as ever Matt.
Regards, James

Bluewillow said...

Cheers James

I do like painting Elite miniatures cavalry

Cheers
Matt