Sunday, November 21, 2021

Analogue Painting Challenge 12th edition

 Analogue Painting Challenge 2021-22

Result of painful overstretching of the Analogue Painting Challenge

I will be partaking in the Analogue  Painting Challenge Again this year, I have reduced my points to 1200 points which is more achievable and less painful than last years stretch of 1500 points, which incidentally I failed by 150 points.

 The figure painting challenge really pushes production in the winter months and will also give me a spring board again into next year.  The challenge commences on the 21st of December and finishes on March 21st 2022.

You may commence the challenge with undercoated figures, and the points are scored thus


6mm foot figure = 0.5 point
6mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 1 point
6mm vehicle = 2 points
10mm foot figure = 1 point
10mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 2 points
10mm vehicle = 3 points
15mm foot figure = 2 points
15mm mounted figure, artillery piece or large crew served weapon = 4 points 15mm vehicle = 8 points
20mm foot figure = 4 points
20mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 8 points 20mm vehicle = 15 points

28mm foot figure = 5 points
28mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 10 points
28mm vehicle = 20 points
40mm foot figure = 7 points
40mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 15 points
40mm vehicle = 25 points
54mm foot figure = 10 points
54mm mounted figures, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 20 points
54mm vehicle, limber, etc. = 30 points

Terrain is based on 6 inch squared areas

My Cunning Plan....

I am selecting a mix of 28mm and 20mm figures and vehicles. It works out at 240 28mm figures basically. Plus I intend to complete my two Chateaux builds, Norman conquest of Maine and 100 years war pieces. There is also a side challenge with a sci-fi theme, so I may partake in that to boost points.

  • Imperial Romans Foundry (in the pile of shame for 6 years)
  • HYW Scots
  • HYW English
  • HYW French
  • Breton Succession French 
  • Napoleonic Austrians
  • Napoleonic Russians
  • Napoleonic French (maybe) 
  • Republican Romans (maybe) 
  • 20mm Panzer Lehr
  • 20mm American 2nd Armoured
  • 20mm 9th Panzer
  • 20mm British armour 
  • 20mm American Armour
  • 20mm modern BAOR
Terrain
  • 11th century chateau
  • 13th-14th century chateau
  • Ww2 buildings 
Any other suggestions lads?

cheers
Matt


5 comments:

rct75001 said...

If I was to enter with my current 6mm Napoleonic efforts I would need to do 2400 foot figures in 3 months to reach 1200 points - yikes.

Richard

Ray Rousell said...

Good luck Matt!

Jonathan Freitag said...

Good luck, Matt!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Good luck and see you there!

Christopher

Slowpainter said...

I'll be joining the efforts again this year and have Normans on my list too, trying to finish a Saga army.
See you on the field!