Thursday, April 8, 2021
Thursday, April 1, 2021
30 day kit build challenge
|20mm ww2 kits|
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Monday, March 29, 2021
English longbow myth busted
Video presented by Todds Workshop
Can arrows defeat armour?
Saturday, March 27, 2021
April 30 day Kit build challenge!
So what is the 30 day kit challenge? Well, something I shamelessly copied from Gunbird and his blog "20mm and then some" back in 2017 when we chatted about doing something about our piles of shame.
When I moved to France I found I had a lot of unbuilt kits, particularly modern and ww2, plus some ww1 aircraft make up the majority plus all of the Perry and Warlord figures. I also suffer from half built kit syndrome, as I like to paint the interiors, the pilot then assemble the kit. So during the current lockdown looming in April in France due to rising cases of Covid in our region I have decided to have a kit build challenge to fix my problem in some way. So with that in mind I'm starting the 30 day kit build, if you like join me and blog about it, steal the picture below if you like...........I have started the Prep sorting the kits that need finishing and then some new builds, building kits trying to stay within current build restrictions for my yearly goals but wherever the wind may blow of course!
Join me if you wish
Facebook, Blog and Instagram using the tag
Goals are simple, you will build your part built and new kits during the 30 day challenge:
Anything beyond that is up to you
- Any material (plastic, resin, metal, wood).
- New in the box or partially built, it matters not.
- Gun, tank, truck, aircraft, ship, figure animal? Your call.
- Kit must be basically finished, based if you prefer that, to qualify as a build.
- The completed kit must be ready for primer.
- Resin and metal upgradesets can be applied after the build.....the goal is to get kits built and ready for primer, not to finish them with paint and varnish etc.
- You decide how many kits/models you want to build in the 30 day period.
- You set the penalty for not meeting your goal (and after that it is the honor system)
My goal is the period from 1/4/2021 up to 30/4/21, each day I plan to work on a kit until I have completed my goal. My goal is grand total of 30 kits, If I can build more kits n the month, then bonus.
My penalty is that if I don't make my target, is not to buy another kit for the rest of the year :(.
So, starting with Day #1 (1st April 2021), I'm starting with some 1/72 armourfast kits to kit off then onto some more tanks and aircraft.