Saturday, December 18, 2021

Analogue Painting challenge Preparation

 Analogue Painting Challenge part one Preparation ….2021-22


I have commenced preparation for the Analogue Painting Challenge has commenced with me making a shortlist then preparing the miniatures for the 3 month long challenge. 



Number One!  French War of Breton Succession.
This army is the closest to completion for my war of Breton succession collection
Cavalry I have two units, one of 6 French and 6 Italian chevaliers to paint. Total 120 points
Infantry 24 heavy infantry (two units of 12) total 120 points
Total 240

Number Two HYW English  
Again a army that is very close, I may also do some extra foot that I will receive for Christmas
24 Welsh longbow 120
Total 120

Roman Army
This army has been on my painting list for years, 6 or 7 at least time to get a start on it!
140 legionaries 700
114 Auxiliary's foot and archers 570
8 cavalry 80
14 praetorians 70
8 command 40
2 wounded 10
2 war machines 4 crew 40 points 
Total 1510

I should top out somewhere here, however as I am afflicted by the Wargames squirrel,  I have also added some back up stuff

Ww2 British (back up plan 1) just because they are ready for paint.....
2x Cromwell regiment 14 tanks 210 points
Armoured car regiment 9 vehicles 135 points
Total 345



Austrians (back up plan 2!) Ok need to be assembled, I have good intentions.......)
Austrian Generals
200 infantry 1000
6 mounted officers 60
60 cavalry 600
2 guns and 8 crew 60
Total 1720. 


French Napoleonic
I have French Imperial Guard cavalry and two battalions of 1805 infantry 

Terrain
I really want to keep up my terrain tuesdays so I have also added in two chateaux to be built and a few other medieval pieces.

So even with some squirrel switching between periods I should keep up the interest and it not become a chore. 

Cleaning brushes nd clearing the decks for Tuesdays commencement!

cheers
Matt







2 comments:

Gary said...

Looks like a impressive amount of painting to come. Best of luck.

roma912 said...

That's an impressive array of miniatures that you have there. Looking forward to seeing their and your progress in this year's AHPC XII.

Cheers, Ross