Friday, December 31, 2021

Austrian Napoleonic Infantry General

 Austrian General de Division

My last figure post for 2021! I hope to crack on with 2022 as the last of our renovations come to a close in April 2022 (I hope!) 1200 square meters of a 18th century French Maison completed in a bit over four years, then more painting and some new tours and wargame events to hold. 

As part of my build for my Napoleonic Austrian army project for 2022 I have decided to paint some Austrians as part of the Analogue painting challenge also to help spur me on.

 An Austrian Infantry general de division. A lovely Front rank miniature, that I really enjoyed painting, particularly like the staff officers coat as I really feel it looks correct. My Austrians are a real mix of Front Rank, Victrix, Perry and Revolutionary Armies miniatures to paint over the next twelve months.



cheers

Matt

3 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

I have this same Front Rank figure, and painted him about a year ago. I too like this casting a lot!

Bluewillow said...

Yes a real fan of their figures, so easy to paint and come to life easily, although my wife thinks they are not a great sculpt!

Cheers
Matt

James Fisher said...

A lovely run of Napoleonics you painted there Matt. I like your 'clean' technique.
Regards, James