Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Vendee / Chouannerie - French Revolution Project

 Vendee/Chouannerie Project 




This year as one of my major projects I want to complete my French Revolution Project and associated Royal Catholic Armee and French Revolution army. I have also been working on a ruleset at 1/10 figure scale over the last 5 years and hopefully will get it published later this year. 

I really want to fight five of  the battles from the great Galerne that are within 20 to 80klm of my house and involved a number of our neighbors families and the Hercé family that lived in our house. Both the French and the Royal Catholic armies are quite small so it suits to reduce the representation factor of units and makes leaders for troop inspiration more important. 

Eventually by the end of the year I want to have a big enough army to replay a few of the local smaller battles and within two years the larger ones like Le Mans, Entrammes, Chateau Gontier,  and Dole Bretagne.  

My first units will be a few Revolution French and some of the royalist additions to Chouan collection.

Cheers
Matt


4 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

It's a great period, for sure!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Matt, an exciting and imaginative [projet]. Mark

Bluewillow said...

Yes, so much history around us here in western France

Bluewillow said...

Yes, should be fun