Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Modern Civilian cars and Technicals


Technicals and Civilian vehicles

On facebook last month someone posted a T55 turret mounted on a dump truck, so off to our local charity shop this weekend see if I could pick up a suitable piece, while I was there I also picked up some other pieces, some for my Bundesgrenzschutz build and some other pieces, I like lots of cars for terrain fillers for modern warfare, it makes the terrain look lived in.


While I failed in my task to find a suitable dump truck I did manage to pick up a number of civilian 80s cars, a big bonus plus some suitable ww2 cars! As with most matchbox, majorette vehicles of the 80s lots of sports cars and not many everyday cars suitable for the wargames table. All of these will be receiving a new paint job at some stage and join my box of terrain filler bits!

Porsche 924 My dream car in 1985 before I knew about V8s....


BMW 733, my uncle had one of these in about 87

Mercedes 350SL two door.....so sexy

Citroen SM I was excited to find this!

James Bond my feature in his swimming lotus esprit!


A caravan, the second one, I think it will join a lakeside camp perhaps

Mercedes Benz 2400, It will join my Bundesgrenzschutz


Next week another visit and see If I can get lucky

cheers
Matt









2 comments:

rross said...

These are a good idea....I got about four or five toy pickup trucks ( or "Utes" as we call them in NZ & Australia ) and dud them up as Taliban technicals fir my 20mm "War on Terror" collection...they worked really well and at a fraction of the cost if buying "proper wargaming" vehicles!

Bluewillow said...

Same Ross, I have an Australian friend who had a Hilux stolen, ended up in Syria with sign writing still in it!

Cheers
Matt