Saturday, March 6, 2021

Republican Roman command II

 

 Republican Roman Command

Earlier last week I was getting a little jack of Medievals, tree renovation and Napoleonics, so I switched and opened up my project drawers and looked at my early republicans and decided to complete some more of my commands as I like to have spares in case of civil war etc for my early republican four urban legions. All figures are First corps figures except the dog who is warlord I think, decals VVV on the Roman shields, Impetus markers are Gallic pieces hand painted.




First up is a mounted Equites with his faithful dog, as a commander of my foreign and mercenary cavalry



A Simple legion commander base 



A foreign legion commander



Impetus disorder markers (as I like to do some every time I paint Ancient figures......)


and a supply train, more medieval than roman, a mix of brands and scratch built pack saddles

"walk the battlefield in the morning, wargame in the afternoon"™ 

From Caesar to World War Two



cheers
Matt

8 comments:

DeanM said...

Great looking Rep Roman command stands and vignettes, Matt!

Moiterei_1984 said...

Fabulous stuff Matt! Those Aventine sculpts are beauties and you've done a terrific job there.

Bluewillow said...

cheers thanks Dean

cheers
Matt

Bluewillow said...

thank you

cheers
Matt

Gonsalvo said...

Very fine job on all of these items, Matt!

rross said...

Lovely command stands Matt

Bluewillow said...

Thanks mate

Bluewillow said...

Cheers mate