Friday, February 26, 2021

War of the Roses.....look out for the bill hooks 2

 

 War of the Roses Men at Arms

Been a bit quite as I am slogging my way through 204 1/72 Cuirassiers for a customer order, in between I have been painting War of the Roses Men at Arms for another customer and some Gauls for myself.

 Figures are from Perry miniatures metal and plastic range, just lovely figures. Happy with the spirals on my lances, I use a hobby holder that I got on a kick starter that uses soft drink lids that screw on than can rotate on the holder, it makes life simple for these lances that is for sure. 










"walk the battlefield in the morning, wargame in the afternoon"™ 

From Caesar to World War Two


cheers
Matt

16 comments:

Lawrence H said...

Lovely work on these Matt, and the lances look terrific.

Norm said...

I am in awe of your paint work on the lances. I attempted a 'twist' last week, failed and went for wood brown instead :-)

James Fisher said...

These look marvellous. I bet those 1/72 cuirassiers do too. Which figures are they?
Regards, James

DeanM said...

Lovely figures - and the spirals on the lances are truly beautiful and impressive!

Bluewillow said...

Thanks Lawrence

Cheers
Matt

Bluewillow said...

Thank you Norm.

Bluewillow said...

The cuirassiers are zvezda 1/72

Bluewillow said...

Cheers Dean

Moiterei_1984 said...

Very nice!

Bluewillow said...

Thank you

rross said...

These War of the Roses figures are lovely work.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Outstanding work Matt! Your lances look ace! I would like to see the contraption that allowed such perfect spirals.

Bluewillow said...

I will post it in the next WOTR post for you mate

Cheers
Matt

Bluewillow said...

Thank you Ross

Gonsalvo said...

The spirals are awesome; I gave up long ago and just paint straight bands/rings!

Bluewillow said...

I have a technic I picked up from a large scale modeller and use that, the painting handle changed the way I paint a lot

Cheers
Matt