Monday, February 8, 2021

Tree Renovation part two....shrubbery

 

 Garden shrubs


Next up are small garden shrubs I purchased from eBay China, about 3cm high they are perfect to fill back yards, town gardens and the side of a road, great for 28mm, 20mm and lower. I am so impressed with these I am going to buy two more packs at least. The bases were cut from MDF using my 2cm holesaw. I glued down the stump base then added my normal sand mix, and painted the stump a khaki brown, base earth brush, drybrushed the rocks added flock. 


"walk the battlefield in the morning, wargame in the afternoon"™ 

From Caesar to World War Two

Cheers

Matt

8 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Looking very, very good!

rross said...

Those Chinese websites are a great source for low cost terrain like trees and bushes, now, if they would only start making figures......! Only kidding of course, we would end up with no one designing or making anything new

Aly Morrison said...

Looking good Matt...
I sprayed mine with some matte varnish to stop too much shedding... it seems to have worked 😁

All the best. Aly

Bluewillow said...

Cheers mate

Bluewillow said...

Yes, I have quite a few in my collection

Bluewillow said...

Great idea, must do that when it warms up

James Fisher said...

These have come up a treat Matt. It's a bit of 'snap' here as I have recently, finally decided to sort out a load of trees that I had collecting dust on my table—waiting until I was 'in the mood' to sort them out. As you mentioned, it takes a lot longer than one would expect, eh? I have some reflocking to do too, I hope I can do half as good a job as you (although I am thinking of being lazy and just leaving them as autumn trees!).
Regards, James

Gonsalvo said...

Looking very good!