Saturday, November 14, 2020

Aulerci Cénomani I

 Aulerci Cénomani (Auerques Cénomans)


The next Gallic tribe I am beginning is the Aulerci Cénomani, the largest of the Aulerque tribal confederation, the Oppidum and the capital of the Aulerci federation was known as Vindinon, or Vindunum as mentioned by Ptolemy, today we know it today Le Mans. 

Vindunum is a Gallic word 'Vindo" white and dunum citadel fortified mount, or the White Citadel, it is thought from the latest archeology that the site may of been in the location of the current cathedral and Plantagenet city, south of the current city is Allones which had a sanctuary sites to the Gallic god March Mullo.


I plan to paint 80 miniatures for the tribe and will make them a little different. Miniatures as usual are from the Victrix plastics range







cheers
Matt






6 comments:

Phil said...

Lovely job Matt, great looking shields, cloak, pants...and base!

Bluewillow said...

thanks Phil, trying to come up with new patterns is a challenge

cheers
matt

Gonsalvo said...

I like the Tricolor pants! :-)

Bluewillow said...

Cheers mate

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Awesome work sir!
Can I have a request for you?
I have some problems with the "pl" server and my blog came back with the correct name (http://dwarfcrypt.blogspot.com/)
If you could add to the blog roll again, I would be honored :)
best

Bluewillow said...

Done Michal,

Cheers
Matt