Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Vendee Rebellion book find

Great buy off FB market place this week, the three volume series by Jean-Francois Chappe of the history of the wars of the Vendee. All unread hardbacks in excellent condition, published in 1993 for the anniversary of the rebellion. 




 A bit of light reading for the next few weeks while I am on holiday, continuing my knowledge of the war. It will help I am sure with our Vendee battlefield tours, plus as  I continue to write my scenario series and Wargames rules for Vendee rebellion in western France.

Our Vendee Rebellion tour and Wargame is hereVendee rebellion tour


2 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

A great find on a relatively little known aspect of the Revolutionary Wars!

Bluewillow said...

Yes, very excited as it is the most revered to in modern scholarship.

Cheers
Matt