Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Jeanne D'Arc the maid of Orlèans

Off the desk on the weekend another 100 years war character. Jeanne D'Arc, later called the Maid of Orleans. A lot of books have been written about her and fir me romanced about, particulary by the Church. She must of had something though, blind Faith and expectation that she transfered to the men around her. Although my Army does not focus on her many of her companions I have on my list to paint so I thought she would be a natural addition to my French Army. The miniature is from the Perry 100YW range which also has a dismounted figure of her. This week onto the beginning if my mounted 100YW chevaliers and some more Gauls, plus a new army has hit the desk too, to be revealed very soon.
cheers natt

4 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

Nicely done Matt...
A fine looking miniature indeed...

All the best. Aly

Bluewillow said...

Cheers Aly

Gonsalvo said...

How could one do a late HYW French army and not have the Maid? She looks all business!

Bluewillow said...

A morale factor at least I think