Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Medieval farm and buildings


 Medieval bits 

First up a few buildings from Tabletop Workshop plastic 28mm range to add to my medieval building collection. 

I spackle finish (pre mixed plaster) the gaps between the collombage. I mask the collombage (paint on mask all) then add the plaster, let set a little, go back and then dapple with a tooth brush to give it texture and to hide the tabs that they come with. I then undercoat and paint with artist acrylics , then add washes etc. I have also done some interior work as I can then use them for skirmish gaming. 

When I complete my castle build later this year they will be put on village bases that slot onto the castle board for instant city scape. 

Farm out building 



Manor house





Stable




Cheers
Matt

11 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Great work Matt.

Martin Gane said...

Nice job , I have just painted the same model myself and wish I had Gipson e down your plaster route .Yours look very good.

Aly Morrison said...

Looking good Matt…
They would certainly work well with a few other periods…

All the best. Aly

Bluewillow said...

Cheers Ray

Bluewillow said...

I have now plastered 6 of them and will be finishing them over the coming weeks

Bluewillow said...

Yes I will be using them all the way up to ww2

Codsticker said...

Great idea to spackle the daub- well done!

Gonsalvo said...

Excellent terrain piece!

Gonsalvo said...

Excellent terrain piece!

Bluewillow said...

Thanks mate

Bluewillow said...

Cheers mate