Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Airfix Henschel HS129 build part 1


Airfix Henschel HS129

In September we have a Nostalgia build for kits or figures designed pre 2000 and no longer in production. I have elected to build a Airfix Henschel HS129 kit. I actually already have two kits built for this aircraft, one 20mm cannon and one 75mm canon. This model will become a photo reconnaissance aircraft that was shot down east of Laval in August 1944.


Looking forward to the build if you want to join us here






Cheers
Matt

8 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Good idea. Your link sends me to my Blogger page.

Bluewillow said...

Sorted mate, thanks for the note

Cheers
Matt

Jonathan Freitag said...

That link worked. I may throw my hat into the ring too. For me, 2000 is hardly nostalgic. I have tubs of 1/72 WWI aircraft from the ‘60s that fit the criterion for me. I must decide which to push into the production queue. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Bluewillow said...

Thanks mate, yes I have a lot of kits unbuilt !

Mike Vella said...

The HS129! I had that kit as a kid - my second ever after the Airfix SDB Dauntless. Great memories. Thank Matt!

Bluewillow said...

Yes a favourite of mine too, one of the first aircraft I built when I started wargaming ww2.

James Fisher said...

What a classic, in the old red line box too. It's cheating as I have built it already, but you might just give me the impetus to finish painting the 'whale' Roland C.11 I built and undercoated a few months back (the Eindecker too). Good timing for me as I want to bring some things commenced and part-done to completion.
Regards, James

Bluewillow said...

I have both the Roland and a Eindecker to paint also! Going to do some work at the end of the month on my ww1 aircraft also.

Cheers
Matt