Sunday, August 30, 2026

French 76th ligne regiment

 French 76th ligne regiment 

I should of posted these two weeks ago, but was too slack to complete the 2 & 3 Porte Aigle pennants and paint the edge of the flag, finally yesterday I needed to clear the painting table for new projects so I competed these along with a unit of cavalry, and 10 skirmisher bases. 

The victrix figures are a poor cousin to the perry figures, the bayonets being quite flimsy, most poses are good though, but again difficult to flesh out a full battalion for general de brigade. I do not think I will buy another box though and will purchase the Perry figures or print some more piano figures. Happy with the paint job though and another addition to the pre 1809 army. This coming month onto more 1813-15 Prussians, 1793-95 Chouans, French guard Mamelukes, French plastic guard infantry 1814 in greatcoats, then some  1813-15 Hanoverians for a big Napoleonic game in October in Brittany. 












Cheers
Matt

No comments: