Tuesday, April 9, 2024

It’s all Greek to me

 Over the years I have painted many Greek armies, then sold them on during one of my changes of periods etc. One of my good friends in Australia Spyrios has expressed a wish to build a Greek army for the 5th century BC, so I am off a tangent at the moment researching the period and minatures available ….. and guess what I accidentally purchased a few pieces to see what they paint up like as I was planning some Greeks this year …… so over the coming weeks I will be adding a few Greeks to my collection, particularly the Victrix plastics that are available. I am thinking something that can be expanded within my current collection of mercenary units for my early, late republican or Caesarian Roman’s. I am thinking either Pyrrhic or Thracian (or both) my current collection has a few mostly light infantry and cavalry (I have a lot of unpainted Foundry Thracians). I am leaning towards Thracians at the moment ….. but the thought of those capes …… anyway decisions, decisions. 

John Jenkins Designs 54mm Thracian general 

Cheers

Matt

5 comments:

David said...

Have you seen the new Alaha rules?

Norm said...

That is a beautiful figure. At first the intricate painting on the figure attracts the eye, but then the eye falls on the horse …. Perfect, I haven’t seen a white horse as good as that - splendid piece.

Bluewillow said...

No, just looked them up, did you play them at the SOA event ?

Bluewillow said...

Cheers Norm

David said...

No I did not get to the event. I have a game lined up at the Falkirk club in a couple of weeks time