Monday, November 13, 2023

Analogue Painting Challenge XIIII

 

 Analogue Painting Challenge XIIII 2023-24

Result of painful overstretching of the Analogue Painting Challenge

I plan to participate in the Analogue  Painting Challenge again this year, I have reduced my points to 500 points which is predominantly because we will be in Australia for half of the challenge so smaller pieces of 20mm figures will travel with me. Last years total was 3304 points, which was around 400 28mm figures painted so I doubt I will reach those dizzy heights.

 The figure painting challenge really pushes production in the winter/summer months and will also give me a spring board again into next year.  The challenge commences on the 21st of December and finishes on March 21st 2022.

You may commence the challenge with undercoated figures, and the points are scored thus


6mm foot figure = 0.5 point
6mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 1 point
6mm vehicle = 2 points
10mm foot figure = 1 point
10mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 2 points
10mm vehicle = 3 points 
15mm foot figure = 2 points
15mm mounted figure, artillery piece or large crew served weapon = 4 points 15mm vehicle = 8 points
20mm foot figure = 4 points
20mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 8 points 20mm vehicle = 15 points

28mm foot figure = 5 points
28mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 10 points
28mm vehicle = 20 points
40mm foot figure = 7 points
40mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 15 points
40mm vehicle = 25 points
54mm foot figure = 10 points
54mm mounted figures, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 20 points
54mm vehicle, limber, etc. = 30 points

Terrain is based on 6 inch squared areas

My Cunning Plan....

I am selecting a mix of 28mm and 20mm figures and vehicles. The main project will be Swedes and the remainder of my VDV this will be my big game in April. I intend to complete two Norman and Anjou-Maine Anarchy and Scots for the 100 years war pieces. If I get motivated more 20mm ww2. There is also the side challenge, so I may partake in that to boost points.
  • AB Napoleonic French 
  • 28mm Greeks 
  • 20mm Soviets Cold War 
  • 20mm Swedes Cold War 
  • 28mm HYW Scots nobles and foot
  • 28 Norman and Anjou/Maine for the anarchy 
  • 20mm American 2nd Armoured
  • 20mm 9th Panzer
  • 20mm British armour 
  • Gaslands cars and figs 
Terrain
  • 28mm 11th-12th  century chateau
  • 20mm Ww2 and modern buildings 
  • Gallic buildings 

cheers
Matt

2 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Looking forward to it Matt!!!

Bluewillow said...

As am I Ray!


Cheers
Matt