Tuesday, March 29, 2022

King of Kings, Shapur II

 King Of Kings 

I have been on holiday for three months in Australia, the weather was fabulous and it was great to catch up with friends. I had great intentions of painting some figures whilst I was there, however I really did not devote any time really in between family commitments. This is one of the few I actually had time to complete.

King Shapur II, possibly the greatest and longest serving king of the Sassanid empire and a pain in the side to Rome and her allies in the east. The miniature is from the aventine range along with the two retainers and standard, the horse however id from the A&A range and fits in nicely. This vignette almost completes my Sassanid army for Impetus, I would like to buy some more foot, heavy infantry and archers and I will be done. 


King of Kings Shapur II


Cheers
Matt




8 comments:

Neil Scott said...

He looks superb, perfect for leading your armies

Bluewillow said...

cheers Neil, the Aventine range is quite lovely

rross said...

That is some very nice painting indeed - outstanding bruswork!

Bluewillow said...

Cheers Ross, they take the paint well

Gonsalvo said...

Lovely work; the Sassanids are a colorful and effective army!

Bluewillow said...

Sassanids are one of my favourites, they suit my game style of aggressive maneuver and then get shot up!!!!1

cheers
Matt

Jez Todd said...

Great painting - just wondering at the Wargames Centre do you play many Impetus ancients games?

Bluewillow said...

All of my ancient and medieval armies are based for impetus, big armies around 500 plus figures. The basing also works for hail Caesar too. I also have skirmish figures too for skirmish games.