Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Heavy Metal WOTR Knights

Off the bench something I have been meaning to do for some time my heavy WOTR knights, I was spurred on to finish these lads when the “Guild Wargamers” had a heavy metal competition.

These fine figures are from the Front Rank Range, and have been sitting around for probably 5 years some party painted (the metal work at least), I got them out on the weekend, after making a decision at Cancon to re-base my WOTR army to impetus. I finished the standard bearer and standard off this afternoon as I am away on business for the rest of the week. The standard belongs to Willam FitzAlan the 16th Earl of Arundel.

Two more Knight units to come, one is on the table at the moment and may get done by the weekend, but they are slotted behind some other medieval figs for my Feudal army. So in the coming months expect a deluge of archers and bills as I re-base each unit. My liveried foot knights and standards especially need some work to be completed. I may even need to buy and paint some more figs to increase my army to 300-350 points at least!











Cheers

Matt

5 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Great looking Cavalry, the red flowers are a nice touch too!

PaintPig said...

Good job Willow, tempting period.

Ubique Matt said...

Very impressive looking unit. FitzAlan was related (by marriage) to Lord Dudley, a local noble I'm currently working on for my own WotR force so thanks for posting.
Regards,
Matt

Phil said...

Great looking cavalry, love the paintjob and the basing!

DeanM said...

Wonderful work! Great looking knights and the spirals are boss. Hmmm, noting Ray's comment about the red flowers. I wonder if you're going to color-code the basing for the two sides? Best, Dean