Thursday, May 25, 2023

Napoleonic French Mamelukes of the Guard WIP 1

 Settling back into the painting desk this week before I need to move it to a new location on the weekend completing lots of WIP and preparing projects for the Summer push. 

First up, I promised Ged at Gringo 40s I would paint his French Guard Mameluke band for display in the next few months, so I thought I had best get cracking. 

First up some research pics to help with motivation, for tunics, kettle drum, drummers, jingling jonnies and trumpets etc, really for my quick reference! Wip progress photos tomorrow as I started last night! 























Cheers

Matt


2 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

What’s not to love about French Mamelukes of the Guard…
I look forward to seeing how they look…

All the best. Aly

Bluewillow said...

Thanks mate, the band is 12 figures strong and will be a table piece

Cheers
Matt