Friday, January 28, 2011

Sugar and Spice and all things nice Ticonderoga Moab

Well Australia's largest Sydney wargames convention MOAB (Mother Of All Battles Convention) has come and gone and its time to take stock of the purchases and sales.

I thought it was busier than most years on Saturday and Sunday, however Monday was quiter, talking to the trader the buyers seemed to have stayed away or kept thier money in thier pockets. I still however manged to pick up a few bargains, on the bring and buy I picked up the score of the show IMO 120 Perry and Foundry AWI figures for $65 I am still amazed by this now! I also picked up some 28mm Gripping Beast cathaginians and some A and A Late Roman infantry. On the Retail front I bought a bunch of Crusader Macedonians figs to flesh out some units I already have and add to some armies for variation, and a ECW building to add to my collection.

Between Scott, Nathan, Louis and myself we run a Ticonderoga participantion game, figs from Scots and my collection. We played the game each day to completion using British Grenadier rules. Enjoy the pics from Nathan. A mix of Front Rank, First Corps, Eureka and Conquest figures, terrain and table and barricades by me.









3 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

That's the trouble with shows just after Christmas, not a lot of people have spare cash laying around, especailly when its for more lead, I guess we've all got at least £100 worth of unpainted figures already stuffed in our draws. I know I have. With the price of lead 25mm figures its somtimes a little hard to justify spending lots of dosh especailly when the Mrs is looking over your shoulder wanting to re-decorate the living room!!

Bluewillow said...

Lol yes, the art of slipping figures past SWMBO is a art unto itself!!!!

In my case it is my daughters bedroom and the kitchen!

cheers
Matt

Frostydog said...

Hi Blue

What was the bring and buy like this year? Last few years it has been fairly low key.

If you have any AWI leftovers we maybe able to do a deal?:)